Objectives of Today’s Training
- Improve power production and movement patterns for the clean and jerk.
- Increase raw strength with deadlifts and pushups.
- Increase vo2 max (endurance) with interval training
- Work on gymnastic movement using the rings and handstands
15 min EMOM
- Macho Man Complex (increase weights)
- 3 Power Cleans
- 3 Front Squats
- 3 Push Jerks
Use the first few rounds as a built-in warm-up, and increase to a challenging weight for 3 to 5 rounds.
Move immediately into the next workout. If you need to warm-up your deadlifts, do so efficiently.
9, 7, 5 For Time
- Deadlifts (315, 365, 395-405)
- Handstand Pushups
The deadlifts should be at a high intensity. Make them challenging at 70%, 80%, 85-90% of your 1 rep max.
20 min Alt E2MOM (partner)
- 2:00 min on an Erg at 1000/700cal/hr pace (Rower, Ski, or Bike)
- 10 toes-to-rings while partner is on Erg.
The pace of the Erg should be challenging enough to raise your heart rate to a racing level. After you complete the 10 toes-to-rings, use the remaining time for recovery.
If you do not have rings, then do toes-to-bar. If you need to modify, change it to knees-to-elbows, knees-to-waist, v-ups, or sit-ups.